check it out:
- $2,700 for six wall sconces.
- $5,000 for a mirror in his private dining room.
- $11,000 for fabric for a "Roman Shade."
- $13,000 for a chandelier in the private dining room.
- $15,000 for a sofa.
- $16,000 for a "custom coffee table."
- $18,000 for a "George IV Desk." $25,000 for a "mahogany pedestal table."
- $28,000 for four pairs of curtains. $35,000 for something called a "commode on legs."
- $37,000 for six chairs in his private dining room.
- $68,000 for a "19th Century Credenza" in his office.
- $87,000 for a pair of guest chairs.
- $87,000 for an area rug in Thain's conference room and another area rug for $44,000.
- $800,000 to hire celebrity designer Michael Smith, who is currently redesigning the White House for the Obama family for just $100,000.
wow. and people think that those on welfare and food stamps are the ones with the most affect on the economy. no, it's people like this, millions of them, who are comfortable with laying off workers and then proceeding to spend a fortune on guest chairs, just because they can.